- Click below to view the Film Festival permission form
- Let the teacher know if your parents do not want you to participate in the viewing
- There is no need to print and sign the form.
- Fee $2 (please pay online)
- Indigenous Spotlight
- Made in Canada - The Animation Edition
(CLICK) HERE TO VIEW THE PERMISSION FORM
1)HOMEWORK: Complete all of your classwork and homework!
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Being kind is something we all need to do more of. Watch this 7 minute read aloud and SYNTHESIZE and EVALUATE it using your reading strategies to come up with the big idea.
- Remember, synthesizing and evaluating is when you use all your reading strategies to come up with an understanding of the BIG IDEA (message the author wants you to take away).
- Remember, everyone will have their own perspective on what the BIG IDEA will be.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can synthesize and evaluate my use of reading strategies to come up with the big idea of the story.
1.) Paragraph format (hook, body, and conclusion)
2.) State what you think the BIG IDEA is.
3.) You must LIST 2 reading/comprehension strategies you used while you listened/read along with the story.
4.) You must also EXPLAIN and give 2 CLEAR EXAMPLES of how you used these strategies and how they helped you come up with the big idea.
5.) Check for the givens/conventions (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure).
6.) Give one student descriptive feedback on the above criteria. Do a self-assessment of your own paragraph using the criteria above.
7.) Edit/revise your work.
Be Kind Read Aloud