Today we made paper snowflakes to decorate our classroom and the gym for the Christmas concerts coming up. We also had a wonderful performance on First Nations Culture, which included dancing and some important learning around stereotypes. The performance was very entertaining and educational. In the afternoon, we got the criteria for Going Public in inquiry and got to work preparing for our presentations which will be next week. We have two more work periods to prepare so make sure you plan out work time outside school if you think you will need more than 2 periods to prepare for Going Public.
- We still need drivers for skating on Thursday December 13 @ 10:30-11:30am (click here)
- Going Public Presentations must be handed in by wWednesday December 12th @ 9:00am
2)POST A RESPONSE:
Follow the instructions and answer the questions:
- Use a calculator to calculate each fraction as a repeating decimal: 1/9,2/9,3/9,4/9
- Question 1: What do you notice?
- Based on what you notice what would the decimal for 7/9 be?
- Use a calculator to calculate the decimal for 10/99,11/99,12/99,13/99,14/99
- Question 2: What do you notice?
- Based on what you notice what would the decimals for 23/99 be?
- Question 3: Explain how could you use what you have noticed to write 0.123123123123123123... repeated as a fraction?
- Question 1: Explain how to convert a repeating decimal to a fraction. (Include three new examples)