Today was assembly day and fitness Friday. There was a little technical trouble with the slide show so we will be watching it Monday morning. After the assembly we wrapped up the mousetrap car challenge by completing a reflection and evaluation activity where students had to collect and organize evidence of the learning intentions covered in the unit. In the afternoon the grade 7's had a tour of Churchill Secondary School.
- Algebra Unit Evaluation moved to Tuesday (we will review on Monday as we missed math today
- Make sure Novel Approach responses are complete and shared in Onenote!
- Camp Latona information forms and supply will be posted on the website and sent home on Monday
- Be sure to complete the Camp Activity Survey posted yesterday! (click)
- CREATE 2 EXAMPLES OF YOUR OWN FOR EACH LEARNING INTENTION FOR THE ALGEBRA UNIT (COPY AND PASTE THE LEARNING INTENTION WITH YOUR EXAMPLES BELOW IT)
- GRAPH THE FOLLOWING EQUATION AND BRING IT TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY
- 4X -5 = Y (USE THE X VALUES +5 TO -5)
- **SOLVE YOUR EXAMPLES BUT ......
- DO NOT POST THE ANSWERS!
- ANOTHER CLASSMATE WILL USE YOUR PAR EXAMPLES AS THEIR PRETEST ON MONDAY! YOU WILL MARK IT WITH THEM!
I can solve expressions and equations given the value of a variable
I can graph linear relations.
I can translate verbal expressions into algebraic expressions
I can represent linear relations using expressions
I can solve one and two step equations
I can use algebra to solve word problems