Before our read aloud today, we had a long discussion on the importance of self-regulation and controlling our emotions by using different strategies. Being aware of which zone were are in helps us identify how we are feeling and what we need to do to regulate ourselves. Watch this video with your parents if you get the chance. It will give you a better idea of how our brains work and why we react the way we do when we are in different situations.
- Complete this survey to help the organizers of the grade 7 celebration choose the menu you want!
- THANK YOU SO MUCH ORGANIZERS!!
- Click here to take the survey (click)
- Review the lesson posted below and explain to someone in your family how to find the the discount and tax of an item.
- Choose an item and a price from online or make one up
- Choose any discount between 10 and 60%
- Choose a made up tax amount
- Now calculate the discount, the price after the discount, the tax, and the final price
- Bring this to class tomorrow (This assignment s for EVERYONE, n matter what math you are doing!)
- We had a deep discussion on self-regulation and strategies that can help us self-regulate.
- In paragraph form, answer the following:
- Why is 'SELF-REGULATION' just as important as learning math, reading, writing, etc?
- Pay attention to the givens (Spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure)
- In your paragraph, give one example of a time when you were able to use a strategy to help self-regulate your emotions. For example, think of Mr. Hong's 'PEACE' sign strategy and my strategy of speaking calmly and politely to people who may be in the 'RED' zone.
- Ask one student a deep question about their paragraph.
- Respond to any questions you receive.
Why do we lose CONTROL of our emotions?