It was so great to meet the new div 2. class of 2021. We only had a chance to see each other in small groups this week, but we will al be together on Monday and will continue learning the protocols and practices that will help keep us safe! We will also be starting the grade 7 program! I am so excited to get the learning started! Below you will see some reminders as well as a Post A Response Activity. Remember to only post under your first name. You will be learning lots about using the class website and digital citizenship and netiquette (how to behave respectfully and responsibly on line) in the coming weeks.
Please Review the links below with your parents:
1.) DAILY HEALTH ASSESSMENT FORM: Signed by your parents and returned to me Monday
2.) I AM BACK AT SCHOOL SHEET: Complete this and bring it to school on Monday
3.) HOME READING: Read for 30 minutes each day, fill in the pages read and the time read on the calendar and have the date signed by a parent. Bring the calendar to school on Monday so I can check it
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Your first homework assignment is to write a welcome back message (paragraph format) to your classmates and your teachers!
- You can include things such as examples, likes, favourite subject, least favourite subject, hobbies, etc.
- Include an engaging intro (hook), body, and conclusion in your paragraph.
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can introduce myself to my classmates and my teachers.
STEP 1: Read instructions carefully
STEP 2: Click on 'COMMENTS' in the top right corner of this blog post.
STEP 3: Fill in the 'form'. Click here to see what it looks like.
- STEP 4: Click here to see how to complete your 'BLOG COMMENT'. You will see instructions on this link.
- After typing out your paragraph, be sure to double check your work to see that you have followed the criteria (intro, body, and conclusion) before clicking on 'SUBMIT'.
Kid President's Pep Talk to Teachers and Students
Mr. Fisher's Instagram Post