You made it through the first week of Gr. 6/7! What a great week it was. It has been so wonderful getting to know you all! We have completed some initial assessments, been introduced to the BIG 6 Learning Principles, started learning about elections and the Canadian government system and built behaviour expectations (Action C-Charts) for for many different situations and settings. You have all worked hard and should be proud of yourselves!
Planner: Parents, please check planners daily and the class website on a regular basis to stay informed.
1.) HOME READING:
- Read for 30 minutes each day this weekend. Fill in the home reading calendar with the page numbers and pages read and have the date signed by your parents. Keep the calendar at home and return it to me on October 1st.
- Review your notes on the issues that are important to you and make sure you have decided who you are voting for on Monday. Make sure you have 2 or 3 reasons to support your decision.
- Show/explain the list below to your parents and then post a comment here when you have finished.
- C-Charts: explain what they are and review the examples below
- The class website: blog page (read this post together), information page, assessment page, year plan
- Home Reading Calendar
- Terrific text and homework alerts
- Watch the Digital Digital Dossier video (posted below) with your parents