Today students worked hard on completing the culminating math activity on decimals and on completing their winter scene pastel arts project. We also had an extra PE period where we worked specifically on improving our shooting technique in basketball. We learned that people need to practice skills correctly an in order to master them and that getting specific FEEDBACK and applying it right away is very important. By practicing shooting a basketball with 1 hand instead of two and allaying FEEDBACK we saw many student improve very quickly. NBA & WNBA watch out!
2) ART: Draft 1 due tomorrow by 3 pm
3) MATH TEST: Friday (estimating and calculating with all 4 operations using decimals)
4) WORD WORK TEST: Monday
5) POST A RESPONSE:
- Think of all the skills you needed to use to complete the MATH Activity of planning a team party
- Copy and paste the example list below and then continue adding to it to include ALL the skills you used to complete this activity. Be sure to include how the skill helped you be successful.
The Skills I used for this MATH project were:
- Reading: This helped me understand the instructions of the activity
- Speaking: I was able to ask for help and communicate with my teacher and group members
- Knowing how to use a calculator: I was able to check my answers