Today we had a busy day. We started doff with science observationS and then rolled into math. We learned and practiced adding and subtracting fractions. We briefly talked about ways to estimate sums and differences of fractions and will get into more of that more tomorrow. After recess I modeled how to do self and peer writing assessment based on the powerful personal writing criteria and then students did a self assessment of one of their pieces. Following this, they focused on one area and made improvements to their piece. In the afternoon, we had a make up music period and carried on with or Christmas read aloud, Angel Square.
- Do another piece for your Alphabiography and post it here.
- Most of you need to do 1 piece a day to finish.
- Use ideas form the list posted yesterday!
- The piece does not have to be long, but it must have as much powerful writing criteria in it as possible.
- Give another student some feedback
- Edit and revise
- IF YOU HAVE FINISHED, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IT SUPPORT YOU CLASS BY GIVING EXTRA FEEDBACK!