Today we worked on our Plant ID assessments and our personal collages, which are coming along nicely. We continued with the Global Read Aloud and reviewed using the prime factorization method of finding all the factors of a number in math. In the afternoon many students participated in a SFU survey to help improve youth programs in the community. Thank you to all those who participated in the survey. We finished off a great week of learning by playing huge game of stones in the school year with division 2. What a great way to end the week! Don't forget to contribute to your household over the weekend! I'm going to ask you what you did to help out on Monday. Have a fantastic weekend! #thelearningneverstops
- Finish Thursday PAR: Give someone some feedback to help them improve their post on self assessing. Then revise your post based on the feedback you received! Very few did this! If you did not receive any feedback, self assess your work and make some revisions on you own
- Write a second paragraph in your Alphabiograhy (Have two Paragraphs complete and revised for Monday)
- Show youR parents your Plant ID Assessment & Evaluation on Fresh Grade. We will the final project reflection next week.
- Word Work- Unit 5 Test Monday
- 50 Word Review Test Next Thursday: Next week we will have no new words but students will have a review test of 50 words form units 1-5. Students will have to spell 50 words and match 25 of the words with a phrase that shows the meaning of the word or the definition of the word
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE REVIEWING THE WORDS DAILY TO PREPARE!
POST A RESPONSE:
- Read this learning reflection closely. It meets the criteria for a quality learning reflection. One of your classmates wrote this on FreshGrade (slightly revised):
- 'On my pretest, I got 4/16 because the words were all new to me. I knew that I needed to improve because most of the words were new to me. So, I decided to practice and review the words each day. As a result, I got 16/16 on my final test, which is great! That means that I learned a lot over the week. I can clearly see that practice and hard work helped me improve! I met the learning intention by following the success criteria because I reached the learning intention. I can spell the words, understand the definitions, and I also know how to use them in “juicy” sentences. I improved by reading the words and copying them a few times. I also memorized the definitions (even when we didn’t have it on the test). This allowed me to fully understand the words and how to use them. I can improve next time by writing more sentences to deepen my understanding further. Learning these words are helping me understand what Amal Unbound is all about. That’s how important and effective practice word work is!
- List 3-5 criteria points you think you think should be required on all learning reflections based on what you read above.
- Explain why you chose these points.
- IMPORTANT: Do your best to mention points that have not been mentioned by your classmates. However, Mr. Fisher and I do understand that there will be some similar ones.