Today 11 students in div 1 gave homework passes to earn and extension on the mapping project for the whole class. Thank you for being so SUPPORTIVE and AWESOME! Students now have until Friday to complete their scale/ratio/proportion mapping activity. They have all been working incredibly hard and diligently on their mapping assignments. It is always great when we can combine different subject areas in one assignment. This one covers learning intentions from language arts, math, social studies, and ADST. In the teaching world, we call this a cross-curricular assignment. Although you were given an extension, don't use this as an excuse to put off completing it.
- Continue working on your maps.
- Click for the Beijing Map Rubric
- Click for the Beijing Map Criteria Handout
- Word Work review test Friday
- Moved until after spring break
3.) NOVEL APPROACH:
- For those students who did not complete their GIFT OF WORDS and THINKING AND LEARNING questions, Mr. Hong and I will check your work tomorrow morning. If it is not complete, we will be contacting your parents. You must support your group and complete what is expected of you. This work was due yesterday.
- Book Clubs will continue tomorrow.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- This Friday, Mr. Fisher and I will present certificates to the students of Div 1 and 2.
- Watch this 1 minute video.
- In paragraph form, nominate one student from your class for a valid reason. Take this seriously. Silly nominations will not be accepted.
- In your paragraph, you must provide evidence and support for why you are nominating this person. Give an example of why this person deserves a certificate.
- Some certificates we will be giving out include awards of excellence for: homework, PAR, SOARing behaviour, kindness, respectful, etc.
- If you support someone's nomination, feel free to also reply to a nomination with further support/evidence.
How to Nominate Someone for an Award