Today, we learned about the importance of using our reading/thinking/learning strategies to help us in our learning. We learned that using all the reading strategies will help us learn in all subject areas and in life. At the end of today's teacher modelling of 'CRAZY DREAM', Mr. Hong and I came to an understanding of the text/poem. We came to an understanding of a big idea that was the opposite of what Lukas thought. We both supported our big ideas with evidence from the text and our unique background knowledge. Remember, think of your book of background knowledge as being 12 or 13 unique chapters to go with each year of your life! You can imagine how many chapters I have in my book! too many to count!:).
- Study for unit 13 test on Friday
- Review learning intentions for the unit (see below)
- Post an example for each of the following math learning intentions!
- Copy and paste the learning intentions below into your post and add in at least 1 example below the learning intention
- Give another student some feedback on their post
2. I can convert percent’s to fractions and decimals and can convert fractions and decimals to percent’s
3. I can estimate percent’s of numbers (taxes, commissions, discounts and tips)
4. I can calculate percent’s of numbers using mental and can show my thinking (taxes, discounts and tips)
5. I can calculate the percent of numbers using a calculator I can solve problems that involve percent