Today you started practicing using the reading strategies that promote deep comprehension. You SET A PURPOSE and CONNECTED TO BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE. Studnets watched an expert reader model making their thinking before getting started. This is the first step in deepening comprehension. We will be moving on to other strategies throughout this term. In the afternoon we continued working on our collages and completed the first component of our cardiovascular fitness tenting by running the beep test.
- Keep up with the daily work! Don't fall behind! Complete your daily 'POST A RESPONSE' assignments by following the success criteria!
- Bring clothes for PE every Wednesday and Friday.
- Check you Jump Math work from yesterday (no answer key for the worksheets)
- Answer Key Grade 7 (click)
- Answer Key Grade 6 (click)
- Make sure you have ALL your materials for your collage at school tomorrow. (Pictures, 3d object, paper, things you cut out from magazines, etc)
- To help is studying for you first WORD WORK test, write a sentence using 8 words form Unit 2
- Include 8 sentences (One for each word)
- Each sentence should show you understand the meaning of the word
- Word work words will be written in all CAPITALS so they are easily identifiable
- All sentences start with a capital letter and end with period
PEER ASSESSMENT AND FEEDBACK:
- If you notice a sentence does not show the meaning of the word please give some feedback to help improve the sentence.