Today we met the student teachers who will be working with Division 1 and 2. It was great to have Ms. Chohan and Mr. Collins working to help support the learning at Laurier. They will be joining once a week for the next 6 weeks. Students spent the morning working on putting together their Plant Identification Projects. It is amazing to see how much the projects are improving as students apply the feedback they are receiving. In Math, we finished up the divisibility rules for 4 and 8 and the afternoon was spent digging deeper into our mini inquiry questions.
- Math Focus p 18 # 1-4
- Word work unit #4 Test tomorrow (spelling and meaning)
- Group work can be great as we can share or knowledge, the work load, and we can capitalize on the strengths of the group. Group work can also be very challenging. We have to be flexible and open to the ideas of others. We have to accept the differences of others and can not always do exactly what we want.
- In a short paragraph, explain two things that are going well in your Plant ID group and two things that have been challenging. Good writers add complexity to their work and explain why!!! In your piece, explain why these things are going well and explain how you have overcome or tried to overcome the challenges.
- ****PLEASE DO NOT USE PEOPLES NAMES IN THE PARAGRAPH****
- Give another student feedback on their post
- Edit/revise your post based on the feedback you receive