Today Division 1 and 2 spent the morning working on their Plant Identification and First Nations Use Project. We were so impressed with how well groups worked together. Students were engaged for over an hour on their projects. I saw and heard many students asking for both peer and teacher feedback to improve their projects. They then took this feedback and applied it to make their projects even better. It was amazing to see you all using the BIG 6 Principles of Learning. That is what taking OWNERSHIP over your learning looks like! AWESOME JOB!! In the afternoon, we got our Inquiry Knowledge Building Groups and created some criteria/ground rules for meeting and then dove into our questions! Again, we were so impressed with the ownership and self regulation shown by the group. Keep it up.....because the year is just underway and.....THE LEARNING NEVER STOPS!!!
- Explain a daily Inquiry work period form start to finish in detail...(think about what you did today!)
- HERE IS A SENTENCE FRAME TO GET YOU STARTED:
- When we are ready to start inquiring the first thing we do is meet with our knowledge building circle and_________________. After we have completed our_______________________ we____________......NOW YOU KEEP GOING RIGNT UNTIL THE VERY END OF THE INQUiRY PERIOD!
- Provide feedback to another student to help them improve their explanation of an inquiry work period.
- Revise your post based on the feedback you receive.