Today we headed straight to the gym got right into our basketball unit. We learned that a basketball team has three guards in two forward on the floor at a time and worked on the basic game strategy moving into the open space. After recess, we carried on with our class read aloud, Forbidden City, where things are getting heated up in Tiananmen Square with student protesting against government corruption. In math, we use the strategy of building in proportion to figure out percent of numbers. After music in the afternoon we spent some time working on filming our French cooking show presentations. Another great day of learning in beautiful sunny Vancouver.
- No words this week
- Finish calculating the answers to the sheet we used estimation on last week (due tomorrow)
3) BASKETBALL SCHEDULES:
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Watch this 5 minute video on Roy Lichtenstein.
- Write a paragraph about Roy Lichtenstein and his style of 'POP ART'. (hook, body, and conclusion)
- Your paragraph must include 3 supporting sentences that tell us about Roy Lichtenstein and his style of art.
- You are free to do some research for your paragraph.
- Feel free to include something interesting that you learned from the video and your research.
- Check for the givens (spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, etc).
- Ask one student a question about their post.
- Reply to any question you see on tonights PAR.
- Edit/revise if necessary based on a self-assessment of the above criteria.