Mr. Hong (AKA master of the volleyball dance) set us on the path to success and now it Is time to: BUMP, SET, SPIKE! That's where we want to get to in volleyball! In science, we learned the difference between qualitative and quantitative data and then planned out the data we will collect when observing the ecosystems. Students then started organizing their data collecting sheets to get ready for observations #1, which we will complete tomorrow! After music, we practiced comparing and ordering decimals. Tomorrow we will learn about natural selection from Ms. Chonan and Mr. Collins so do the PAR very carefully to help build your background knowledge!
- Complete the math handout (click)
- Complete the unit self assessment (click)
- Watch the following video and in a paragraph with an introduction, body and conclusion explain the ideas of: Common descent and natural selection.
- Use these questions to help guide your paragraph:
- What is the theory of common descent?
- What is the theory of natural selection?
- How did the theory of natural selection help support the theory of common descent?
- Give another student some feedback on their paragraph
- Edit/revise to improve you post
WHAT IS NATURAL SELECTION